Serves 8 to 10
Einkorn Farro Easy Summer Salad
- One 16-ounce box jovial Organic Einkorn Wheat Berries
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound salad tomatoes, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Cook wheat berries in 4¾ cups of water with ¾ teaspoon of salt for 45 minutes. If you’ve soaked the wheat berries overnight, cook for 30 to 35 minutes. Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer to a large serving dish to cool.
- Place the tomatoes in a colander, season with ½ teaspoon of salt. Let rest for 15 minute to allow the tomatoes to release their water. Squeeze the tomatoes and add to the wheat berries.
- In a medium skillet, cook the zucchini, basil, onion, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt for three minutes on medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Add the zucchini to the wheat berries.
- Toss in the capers and chives. Stir until all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Serve at room temperature, chilled or reheated in a skillet. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.