Einkorn Butter Drop Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Work in the butter with your fingers or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and maple syrup. Add to the flour mixture and using a fork, mix until the flour is just absorbed.
- Drop twelve 2 tablespoon mounds of dough onto a buttered baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Place a dab of butter on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Additional Tips A good recipe for drop biscuits can sure come in handy! Yummy at breakfast with butter and jam, comforting as a quicky roll for dinner, and perfect with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert, this easy recipe is one you’ll turn to over and over again. If you are dairy free, we recommend substituting the butter with Spectrum Spread and the milk with your favorite non-dairy alternative. Always weigh the ingredients in grams with a digital baking scale for best results.