Many of you had requested a basic bread machine recipe. Here is a great recipe that you are sure to enjoy!
Einkorn Bread Machine Sandwich Loaf
- ¾ cup (195g) of milk, warmed
- ½ cup (188g) of water, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cups (480g) jovial all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
If you bake with a bread machine and are looking for a soft loaf of einkorn bread for sandwiches, we have a new recipe for you. If your machine does not have a custom cycle, you should use the shortest cycle that you have. The loaf is not fragile, so it can be easily sliced for sandwiches or toast without breaking apart.
- Add the liquids, fats, sugar, and salt to the loaf pan.
- Place the flour on top of the liquids.
- Make a shallow well in the center of the flour and add the yeast.
- Set a custom cycle as follows (for those that do not have a custom cycle on your machine, please check your manuals to choose the cycle closest to the times we recommend): Set a custom cycle as follows: Preheat off, Knead 10 minutes, Rise 1: 45 minutes, Knead 2: 5 minutes, Rise 2: 30, Rise 3: Off, Bake: 50 minutes. Crust: medium or dark. (*Omit second knead if setting is not available on your machine).
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the pan from the machine and allow the loaf to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out the bread on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 1 to 2 hours before slicing. Slicing warm einkorn bread is not recommended.