Einkorn Dutch Baby Pancake
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (127 g) whole milk, room temperature
- ¾ cup (90 g) jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or ½ cup (48 g) jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or ⅔ cup (63 g) jovial Sprouted Einkorn Flour or ¼ cup (48 g) jovial wheat berries, ground to flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Lemon wedges
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside to cool. Add the eggs, milk, flour, salt and melted butter to a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Blend on high for 15 seconds until the batter is smooth. The batter will have a thin consistency. You may also mix the batter by hand. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Place a 10-inch ovenproof or cast iron skillet in the oven to heat for 5 minutes. Using oven mitts, remove the skillet and place on the stove. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and swirl to cover the bottom and sides. As you pour the batter into the center of the pan, the edges will begin to sizzle from the melted butter.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until it has puffed and the top is golden brown with darker crispy edges.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a generous dusting of powdered sugar.