Einkorn flour makes flavorful, delicious muffins and in this recipe, we have cut back a bit on the butter and sugar so you can enjoy a healthy breakfast treat made with ancient einkorn wheat.
Cinnamon Dusted Einkorn Blueberry Muffins
- 2¼ cups (270 g) All-Purpose Einkorn Flour, plus extra to coat blueberries
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (1 g)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt (3 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. (60 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (220 g) yogurt
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (75 g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ( 1g) ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl with a blender or in a standing mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until foamy for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup and 1 tbsp. (60g) sugar and continue to beat on medium for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add the yogurt and beat for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt together.
- Add the blueberries to a third bowl and coat with a few tablespoons of the flour mixture.
- Now, gently fold in the flour to the egg mixture with a stiff spatula until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and continue to mix very gently until all the ingredients are incorporated, but try not to break open the blueberries or the batter will be colored blue.
- Fold in melted butter.
- For oversized muffins, fill 6 muffin cups with ½ cup of batter. For smaller muffins, use ¼ cup of batter.
- Mix the remaining tablespoon (12g) of sugar with the cinnamon and dust the tops of the muffins before baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes for large muffins, and about 20 minutes for smaller.
We have cut back on the quantity of sugar and butter in this recipe, for a lighter muffin. Give it a try as is, we think its perfect, but you can also as much as double the sugar and butter content to you liking.