Makes 6 burgers
- Two 13-ounce jars jovial chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for frying the burgers
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons Veganaise or egg-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or jovial No. 1 Gluten Free Bread Flour ( now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Bread Flour)
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Drain chickpeas over a medium bowl to catch the liquid.
- In a large skillet, sauté the oil, potato, and carrot on a medium-low heat until soft and lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato and carrot mixture, chickpeas, mayonnaise, flour, scallions, parsley, cilantro, curry powder, cumin powder, paprika, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the chickpeas are coarsely minced, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid to hold the mixture together, if needed.
- Lightly oil your hands and form six burgers that are 3½-inches in diameter and ½-inch thick. Place them on a piece of lightly oiled plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat. Add three burgers to the skillet and fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Repeat with the remaining three burgers, adding oil, if needed.