Chicken & Bean Enchilada Dip
- 2 tablespoons jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or jovial No. 1 Gluten Free Bread Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Bread Flour)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- One 18-ounce jar of jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- One 13-ounce jar of jovial Borlotti Beans, drained
- Two 4-ounce boneless chicken breasts, cooked and finely chopped
- 5 ounces Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Sliced scallions and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in the flour mixture, cooking for 30 seconds. Slowly add the tomatoes, garlic, and salt, whisking until the sauce is smooth. Simmer on very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently as the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.
- In a deep 10-inch oven-safe skillet, add the remaining one tablespoon of oil, onion, and red pepper. Sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the beans to the pan and with the back of a large spoon or a potato masher, gently crush half of the beans. Add the chicken and sauce and stir until well combined.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the dip is bubbly. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro and serve.