Makes 20 cookies
Carla’s Favorite Einkorn Cookie
- 1 ½ (180 g) cup jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons (75 g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (85 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is sandy and you can’t get the chunks of butter any finer. Add the egg and mix in just to combine, then gently knead with your hands in the bowl until the dough just holds together when pressed into a ball.
- Roll 1 tablespoon (20g) of dough into a tight ball, then roll into a 4-inch rope, then shape into an S.
- Place on the sheet, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 22 -23 minutes until the cookies just start to turn lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Can be store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.