Try this delicious alternative to traditional pesto. You’ll love the combined flavors of the spinach pesto and the roasted tomatoes and adding a little bit of spinach will make your pesto really green and it will be easier to puree.
Capellini Spinach Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes
- 12 oz. jovial brown rice capellini
- 3 oz. baby spinach, steamed
- ½ cup basil
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 walnuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup Pecorino cheese
- 6 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- Season tomatoes with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and rosemary; roast tomatoes at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Combine 3 tbsp. olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Squeeze water from spinach, add to pesto with 2 tbsp. of oil and pulse until creamy. Add cheese if you like.
- Cook pasta according to directions, toss with pesto and garnish with roasted tomatoes.