Cannellini and Potato Vegetable Soup
- 2 jars jovial Cannellini Beans
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced small
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sage leaves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Add an entire jar of cannellini beans and one cup of water to the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy. Then set aside.
- In a medium stock pot, cook oil, onion, carrot, potato, garlic, salt and pepper on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the pureed bean mixture and the remaining two cups of water. Add sage and bay leaf. Bring soup to a boil on high heat, then reduce and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the remaining jar of whole beans and baby spinach to the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove sage leaves, bay leaf, and garlic clove.
- Serve with a fresh drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- This recipe can also be made with bone broth.
- A great addition to this soup is our Traditional Einkorn Spaghetti, broken into small pieces.