Borlotti Baked beans
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- One 18.3 ounce jar of jovial crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Three 13-ounce jars jovial borlotti beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until the edges just begin to brown. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and set aside. Add onions to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, molasses, paprika, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beans and gently stir until well incorporated.
- Stir in the reserved bacon and bake for 45 minutes until bubbly and the sauce has thickened.
- Let rest for 15 minutes and serve.