Makes 160 chips
Baked Einkorn Chips
- 2 cups (240g ) jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for dusting
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (45 g) jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (89 g) water
- Place a rimmed baking sheet on the center rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, spices, and salt. Cut the oil into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or a fork until it the mixture is sandy. Add the water and mix with a stiff spatula or an Einkorn Kneading Tool until well combined. With your hands, knead the mixture in the bowl to form a soft dough. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap to keep moist.
- Transfer the first piece to a 14-inch long piece of parchment paper and flatten it into a disc. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough as thin as you can to a 10 x 12-inch rectangle, lifting it off the paper a few times during rolling. Using a pizza cutter, trim the edges then cut the dough into 2-inch rows vertically and horizontally to form square chips, then cut the squares into a triangle. Return the scraps to the bowl. Dust the surface of the dough very lightly with salt.
- Transfer the chips on the paper to the preheated baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Remove the pan from the oven. Carefully, lift up the paper and shake the chips into a large serving bowl. Return the sheet to the oven to warm up and proceed with the remaining pieces of dough, rolling them out one at a time.
- Store the chips in an airtight container for up to 3 days.