4-Ingredient Kale Pesto Tagliatelle
- Bring 4 quarts of water in a large stockpot to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water, or to taste. Drop in the kale and cook for 3 minutes to soften the leaves.
- Lift the kale out of the pot with a slotted spoon and place in a colander to cool.
- Add the pasta to the kale cooking water and cook according to instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, garlic, and salt to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the kale and pulse to chop as finely as you can.
- Remove ¼ cup of pasta cooking water and add it to the blender. Process until the pesto is fine, adding 1 tablespoon of cooking water at a time, only if needed.
- Drain pasta, toss with enough pesto to cover the pasta, and serve.
- Store remaining pesto in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Of course, you can add nuts and grated cheese to the pesto, if you like. For this amount of pesto, you would add 1 tablespoon of pine nuts or 2 tablespoons of walnuts, plus ½ cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.