3-Hour Gluten and Dairy Free Bread in the Bread Machine
- Add the water, eggs, maple syrup, salt and olive oil to the loaf pan. Mix together with a spatula until the yolk and whites are combined.
- Add the flour to the pan and sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Set Bread Machine to Basic White Cycle, Light Crust, and Keep Warm Off. Start the cycle.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to mix in the dry flour that has adhered to the sides of the bowl. Close the lid and let the cycle run.
- Remove the loaf at the end of the cycle. Place on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Bread will stay fresh in a sealed plastic bag for 3 days. Bread may also be frozen whole or sliced and thawed at room temperature or toasted straight out of the freezer.
If you can eat dairy, you may substitute milk for water 1:1. You may substitute any fat for extra virgin olive oil, 1:1. Added fat helps the texture because gluten also helps to hold moisture in bread. You may substitute No. 2 Whole Grain Bread Flour 1:1 or use a mix of both bread flours. You may omit the maple syrup or substitute with 2 tablespoons of sugar. We have not tested this recipe without eggs, but we imagine you would achieve good results with flax egg substitution. We will be working on egg-free bread machine recipes in the future.