Penne with Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce
Leave it to the Italians to figure out that something quite magical happens when you combine sausage, tomatoes, cream, and pasta. Traditional pasta sauces are always very easy to prepare and require very few ingredients. As always, it is the quality of the ingredients that make the meal. We’ve got you covered with tomatoes, pasta, and olive oil, but be sure to find the best loose Italian sausage and grass-fed heavy cream.
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- One 18-ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- One 12-ounce box jovial penne of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage, cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the onion and wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, parsley, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.