Olive Oil & Sea Salt Roasted Almonds
Our new recipe for Olive Oil & Sea Salt Roasted Almonds is perfect for winter snacking, and jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes everything taste more delicious. Easy to prepare, the almonds are lightly spiced with a few pinches of oregano, cumin, and thyme—but feel free to mix it up! Additional spices will not change the recipe.
When I teach my cooking classes in Italy, I often talk about rancidity. At jovial, maintaining an extremely fresh product is of the utmost importance. Sadly, store-bought roasted nuts are often less than fresh, so by learning how to make your own, controlling the quality of the fat you roast your nuts in, and consuming them within a few days, you can feel good about eating roasted nuts whenever you have a craving for them!
Sea Salt Olive Oil Roasted Almonds
- 3 cups (1 pound) raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the nuts and olive oil until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, cumin, oregano, and thyme.
- Add the salt mixture to the nuts and mix well with a spoon until the nuts are coated evenly.
- Spread out the nuts on a large baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, rotating the nuts with a spatula halfway through.
- Let cool, then transfer to an airtight container or jar. The nuts will keep for up to two weeks.