Mediterranean Baked Beans
We absolutely love this new recipe for Mediterranean Baked Beans, which features three of our favorite jovial products- cannellini beans, olive oil, and diced tomatoes. This dish has really come in handy for us lately, as we’ve welcomed a few visitors to our new company headquarters for meetings followed by lunch.
Last week, we spent a great day with the editor of Gluten Free & More magazine, telling the jovial story and cooking up our brown rice pasta for a tasting. We loved the fact that she went to culinary school, is extremely knowledgable about gluten free baking, and that she even took a hearth cooking class at Randall’s Ordinary at our new property back in the 90’s when it was a restaurant.
This week, we had a fun time catching up with Jackie and Michael, two guests that attended our gluten free getaway back in June. That’s what happens at our culinary getaways, you make friends for life.
This recipe has really come in handy with guests because it’s easy to put together, refrigerate, then pop in the oven just before company arrives. The perfect complement to a quick dish of pasta, Mediterranean Baked Beans can be made with or without cheese. We love the flavor of the mix of spices, jovial tomatoes and beans, and we think you will too!
- 2 tablespoons Jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground savory
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- One 18 oz. jar of jovial diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Three 13 oz. jars of jovial cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, finely shredded
- 4 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, sauté the oil, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon of parsley, marjoram, oregano, savory, and thyme on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and half of the cheeses.
- Transfer the beans to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheeses. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of parsley on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese browns lightly.
- Let the dish cool for 10 minutes before serving.