Gluten Free or Einkorn Fusilli with Steak, Asparagus & Broccoli
Protein, whole grains, veggies, quick prep and clean-up—this recipe for Gluten Free Fusilli with Steak, Asparagus & Broccoli covers all the right nutritional bases. The best part is, would you believe a meal this delicious can be whipped up in the time it takes to cook the noodles? Once the water boils, it will literally take you less than 15 minutes to get this on the table. That’s what we love about pasta, and we think our fusilli taste quite fabulous as well!
Italian cooking teaches us to boil the veggies with the pasta, saving on pans and time. The Italians prefer their vegetables soft because they believe they are easier to digest, but if you like broccoli crunchy, simply drop them in raw after the pasta has cooked for a few minutes. You could also add grated cheese, but this recipe is so flavorful that we prefer it plain and simple.
Gluten Free Fusilli or Einkorn Fusilli with Steak, Asparagus & Broccoli
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into ½-inch pieces
- One 12 ounce box jovial Gluten Free Fusilli or jovial Traditional Einkorn Fusilli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch long strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt or salt to taste.
- Add the broccoli, asparagus, and pasta to the pot and cook for 12 minutes, maintaining a rolling boil.
- While the pasta is cooking, warm the oil and garlic in a large skillet. Add the steak, season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until the meat is just cooked through.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer all of the pasta and vegetables to the hot skillet, leaving some cooking water in the pot. Stir fry the pasta for a minute or two, adding a few tablespoons of cooking water to keep the pasta moist.
- Serve right out of the skillet.