If you are just starting out with einkorn flour, try these pancakes. This is an easy way to introduce yourself to the nice flavor of einkorn wheat. The pancakes are flavorful, golden in color and have more protein that regular pancakes.
- 1 ½ cups einkorn flour (measured unsifted)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Pre-heat griddle to medium temperature.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large glass bowl.
- Using the whip attachment on mixer – whip eggs and milk until frothy.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until the consistency of a thick milk shake.
- Make sure not to over mix or your pancakes will be tough.
- Pour melted butter into the batter and cut in using a spatula.
- Lightly oil the griddle. The griddle is the right temperature when it begins to glisten.
- Using a ¼ cup measure per pancake: Suggested Serving Size: 4
You may also use rice milk, buttermilk or your yogurt of choice in replace of milk. Another option is to sour your milk for a more complex flavor by adding 1tbsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.